I reached out to Janet Evanovich with some questions about herself and writing the Fox and O’Hare series with Lee Goldberg. The Pursuit will be released on June 21st. Can’t wait!!!
These are her answers to my questions:
- What is your favorite character that you have created?
Despite the fact that I love Kate O’Hare and Nick Fox, I’d have to say that my first love is Stephanie Plum.
- Have you created a character that is like you?
Stephanie Plum comes the closest. The only differences are that she’s younger, thinner and funnier than I am.
- Where was the best place that you have lived?
Though I’ve lived in a number of locations over the years, my current home, in Florida, is probably my favorite.
- What is your favorite pet?
My family has had a quite a menagerie over the years. However, at heart, I’m a dog person. Just ask the most pampered creature on earth — my dog, Ollie.
- If you weren’t writing what would you be doing?
Baking cupcakes and doing the laundry.
- Who is your favorite author?
I have a number of favorite authors, including Barbara Park, Robert B. Parker, Robert Crais and, of course, Lee Goldberg.
- What would be your dream vacation?
A white beach with turquoise water.
- How did you two meet and decide to work together?
Lee and I met a long time ago and became friends. For a number of years we talked about working together, but needed the right project. I think that the Fox and O’Hare series is a really good blend of our writing styles.
- Who writes for O’Hare and who writes for Fox? Or is it a combination of you both for the two characters?
We each write both.
- How do you come up with the cons? Collaboration?
Lee and I bounce ideas off one another until we have a story. It’s a real collaborative effort.
I love this series (ok, all of her series), I always pre-order my books so I get them right away. You can find her books at most book sellers. Janet also has the best newsletter, she give excerpts from books, contests and she has some great merchandise.
To contact Janet or check out what she is up to:
Janet’s Website: http://www.evanovich.com/
E-Mail Janet: Janet@Evanovich.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/janetevanovich or https://twitter.com/lulaisthebomb